Sustainability - it's in our nature
At Dengie we understand the importance of working with nature whether it is to produce feeds that promote good health in the horse to growing the ingredients we use in a sustainable way. The following objectives are core to securing a sustainable future:
- Ensuring the ingredients and materials we use are produced sustainably.
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Actively promote reusing and recycling.
- Reduce energy and fuel usage whenever possible.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company
How are we achieving our objectives:
- Carrying out a training program for staff to raise awareness of environmental issues and enlist their support in making improvements.
- We have appointed an environmental champion who is responsible for promoting environmental and social best practice.
- Select suppliers who demonstrate good environmental and social practice.
- Keeping up to date with developments in technology that may enable improvements to our processes to create a more sustainable way of working.
If you have any queries or suggestions about the above please do not hesitate to let us know. Contact Katie Williams on email@example.com or 01621 841188