Corporate Social Responsibility
This statement sets out how Dengie Crops Ltd takes responsibility for its economic, social and environmental impacts in its business operations. By demonstrating our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility we aim to align our business values, purpose and strategy with the needs of our customers, suppliers, employees and community. Our aim is to operate in a way that ensures a sustainable future which will be achieved by reducing our carbon footprint and striving to be more efficient in our operations.
As an agricultural based company, protection of the environment in which we live and operate is core to Dengie’s values and principles. We therefore undertake to:
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations and approved codes of practice
- Protect the environment by seeking to reduce our contribution to pollution of land, air, and water
- Keep wastage to a minimum and maximise the efficient use of materials and resources
- Manage and dispose of all waste in a responsible manner
- Ensure our staff are committed to achieving these principles
- Regularly communicate our environmental performance to our employees and other significant stakeholders
- Develop our management processes to ensure that environmental factors are considered during planning and implementation
- Monitor and continuously improving our environmental performance.
The Directors will ensure that the Company reduces its environmental impact by:
- Using vehicles that are regularly serviced and well maintained
- Sourcing and buying locally wherever possible
- Ensuring that all lights and equipment is switching off when not required
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
- Printing double sided wherever possible
- Recycling all waste (shredding all business documentation)
- Sourcing recycled materials wherever possible
- Working with like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimise their environmental impact
The Directors will also ensure that our work with the local community involves:
- Operating in a way that is sympathetic to the local community
- Being accountable for the way our field teams operate on local road networks
- Supporting local and national charities
- Supporting local schools
- Participating voluntarily on behalf of our trade association to represent our industry
The Directors will also ensure that we deal responsibly, openly and fairly with customers and potential clients by:
- Ensuring that all our advertising and documentation about the business and its activities are clear, informative, legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Being open and honest about our products and services and telling customers what they want to know, including what we do to be socially responsible
- Ensuring that if something goes wrong we will acknowledge the problem and deal with it promptly and fairly
- We will listen to our customers to facilitate improvements to the products and services we offer to them
- Ensuring that we benchmark and evaluate what we do in order to constantly improve our competitive edge in the marketplace.
Employees & Labour
- The Company is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity in its business activities. The Company sets out its position on preventing and prohibiting bribery, in accordance with the Bribery Act 2010 in the company handbook which is issued to all members of staff. The Company will not tolerate any form of bribery by, or of, its employees, agents or consultants or any person or body acting on its behalf. Senior management is committed to implementing effective measures to prevent, monitor and eliminate bribery.
- The Company is aware of the risks of modern slavery and are committed to ensuring that our business activities and those of our suppliers are free from modern slavery.
- The Company acknowledges the fact that child labour occurs in many countries. It is our requirement that no products supplied to us are produced by child labour.
The operational and ultimate responsibility for the commitment to our corporate social responsibility principles lies with the Directors of Dengie Crops Ltd. Every employee is expected to give their full co-operation to the above principles in their activities at work.
The effectiveness of the Policy Statement will be monitored and reviewed at least annually by the Directors to ensure the Company’s continuing compliance with any relevant legislation and to meet new business requirements and to identify areas in need of improvement.