Nutritional Consultation & Yard Visit
Our team are starting to visit yards again, however we are having to consider each request on a case by case basis. As we are a relatively small team, visits are limited to the following situations or scenarios:
- Owners or groups of owners with 10+ horses that would like a nutritional consultation – please see below what this involves
- Yards where one or two people are responsible for feeding the horses on the yard and would like to evaluate their feeding programme
- Camps or training clinics that would like to include an educational talk and dietary consultations through the day for more than 10 horse owners
- Yards where a group of friends would like to get together for an educational talk regarding the horse’s digestive system and the importance of fibre and receive individual advice regarding their horse(s)
What to expect from a Dengie Nutritional Consultation
- We will ask a number of questions about your horse and the current feeding and management regime which helps us to determine how appropriate the current ration is
- We will condition score your horse to determine their current body condition and offer appropriate advice in relation to this and the current feeding regime
- We will advise what Dengie products are most suited to your horse and why and offer general feeding advice
- If we feel it is appropriate to the situation we may also be able to weigh your horse on our portable weighbridge*
How to book a Yard Visit
If you think that your horses or group would benefit from a Dengie Yard Visit please click here to email our nutrition team and we will be back in contact**
Alternatively, if you need a quick answer to a simple question then please don’t hesitate to call our nutrition team on 01621 841188 or fill out our feed advice form.
*Please note that we are unable to offer purely a weighing service for the purposes of worming or lorry/trailer capacity. Many vet practices now offer a weighing service for a small fee. Public weighbridges can be used to weigh your Lorry/Trailer with/without your horse on board. To find your nearest public weighbridge visit the following website https://www.gov.uk/find-weighbridge
**Although every effort will be made to offer a Nutritional Consultation due to the small size of our team there are occasions that we may be unable to meet your requirements.